Position Title: Chief Director
Immediate Supervisor: Minister of Health
- Director, Policy, Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PPME)
- Director, Research Statistics and Information Management (RSIM)
- Director, Human Resource Development and Management (HRDM
- Director, Administration (Admin)
- Director, Finance (Fin)
- Director, Procurement and Supplies (P&S)
- Director, Traditional and Alternative Medicine (TAM)
OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
The Chief Director is the highest office within the Ministry.
The Chief Director is the Coordinator within the Ministry and acts as the Chief Advisor to the political head. He/She guides, co-ordinates, monitors and supervises the work of the Directors within the Ministry and other matters related to the health sector.
- Provides leadership and guidance for determining policies and objectives within the sector and the implementation of the policies and objectives.
- Co-ordinates work programmes and provides rules, guidelines and procedures to facilitate the achievement of targets set by the Ministry.
- Ensures the effective organization and development of training programmes consistent with sectoral policies and programmes.
- Establishes systems for effective inter-ministerial and sectoral collaboration and co-operation to avoid duplication and to achieve harmonization of programmes.
- Develops systems of effective work-flow and feedback on the activities within the sector.
- Initiates plans and programmes to activate and accelerate the decentralization of his sector where required.Without prejudice to the above, a Chief Director shall in relation to his Ministry:
- Recommend the disbursement of budgetary allocation in accordance with the prevailing financial regulations.
- Recommend all leave of absence for Directors and heads of organizations as well as ensure the effective organization and co-ordination of leave of absence within the sector.
- Requests for action programmes and budget from all implementing agencies.
- Ensures the establishment by all implementing agencies of proper codes of conduct for administrative, financial and operational transactions.
- Recommends major changes in the organization structures of implementing agencies.
- Recommends any actions involving disposal of capital assets.
- Ensures the development and enforcement of an effective system of discipline within the sector.
Exercise authority derived from and consistent with his responsibilities as well as authority delegated by the Minister.
Nana Kwabena Adjei – Mensah is the current Chief Director for the Ministry of Health. Prior to his appointments, he was the Technical Advisor to the Minister of Finance. He previously held positions such as Director of Budget at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning and the Deputy Controller and Accountant General (FMS).
Mr. Adjei-Mensah holds a Certificate in International Financial Reporting (ACCA), a Masters in Banking and Finance, FINAFRICA, Milan, Italy and a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Cape Coast (B.Com, Dip.Ed.)
He is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCA), an Associate Member of the Association of the Chartered Certified Accountants. He serves on several governing Boards including GETFUND Board, Revenue Agencies Governing Board (RAGB), Divestiture Implementation Committee (DIC), Crop Research Institute (CSIR), Zoomlion Ghana Limited, Provision Consultants and Kobbiman Farms Limited.
Nana Kwabena Adjei-Mensah is a chief at Nkoranza, in the Bono East Region of Ghana.