General Administration Directorate (GAD)
This Directorate ensures that approved personnel policies in the Ministry on employment, personnel records, training, and wages and salaries administration are translated into good management practices and effectively carried out.
This Directorate further ensures that services and facilities necessary to support the administrative and other functions of the ministry are available. It also ensures the provision of an effective and efficient system for internal checks.
The units under this division include the following:
- Personnel Welfare Management Unit: The Unit manages the files and records of staff in the Ministry pertaining to recruitment, leave, promotion, salary issues, transfer, performance appraisal etc.
- Records Management Unit: It ensures that documents and information are properly stored to ensure confidentiality and easy accessibility.
- Transport Management Unit: The Unit is responsible for the proper management and provision of an efficient transport system of the Ministry.
- Estates Management Unit: This Unit provides advice on estate management issues and ensures that repairs and works on facilities and equipment are properly carried out in the Ministry.
- Security Unit: The Unit is responsible for ensuring the safety of all staff and property of the Ministry.
- General Stores Unit: The unit is responsible for managing the stores services and providing technical support on procurement processes for the Ministry. It also ensures the proper storage of materials procured and ensures that stocks are replaced on time in the ministry.
- Protocol Unit: The unit is responsible for managing the protocol services of the Ministry. It works closely with Directors on all protocol activities and is responsible for performing all protocol duties pertaining to the State and Ministry’s ceremonies, national days of commemoration ensuring and observing ceremonial rules during occasions. The Unit is also responsible for proper hosting of foreign dignitaries and guest to the Ministry.