Policy Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring and Evaluation Directorate (PPBMED);
This Directorate leads the technical processes for the development of policies, plans, programmes and budgets of all activities of the Ministry. It caters for the design and application of monitoring and evaluation systems for purposes of assessing the operational effectiveness of the Ministry’s strategies and interventions.
- Policy coordination
- Sector-wide Planning
- Sector-wide Budgeting
- Resource Mobilization
- Inter-sectoral collaboration
- Sector-wide Monitoring and Evaluation
- Quality management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
The Directorate comprises the following units:
1. Policy Coordination Unit: The unit initiates and coordinates the development and review of the broad sector policies, strategies and regulations for the Ministry. It leads in the design and provision of sector plans based on a sound policy framework. It facilitates the effective implementation of the Ministry’s set targets, programmes, projects and activities.
2. Planning Unit: – The unit is responsible for coordinating the preparation and harmonization of the sector plan. Provide technical guidance and expertise in the Management and implementation of the plans of the Ministry.
3. Budgeting Unit: – The unit is responsible for coordinating the preparation and harmonization of the sector budget. Provide technical guidance and expertise in the Management and implementation of the budget of the Ministry.
4. Collaboration Unit: The Unit develops, reviews and coordinates the private sector and inter-sectoral strategies, mechanisms to identify and exploit opportunities for the development of the health sector
5. Resource mobilization Unit; The Unit develops and reviews the financial strategies or options for policies/programmes and projects of the Ministry. It leads in the sourcing, monitoring and coordination of external funding for healthcare delivery, to include sourcing external funding for the procurement of health commodities, services and works. The Unit coordinates the implementation of resource mobilization strategies in the foreign (international) Sector, Domestic Sector (Internal Generated Fund raising) and the
6. Private Sector to support the effective and efficient implementation of the policies, programmes and projects of the health sector.
7. Quality Management Unit; The Unit develops and reviews the Quality management broad sector policies, strategies and regulations to improve the effectiveness of treatments and increase patient satisfaction with the healthcare services delivery.
8. Monitoring and Evaluation Unit: – The unit ensures the provision of an effective basis for measuring the various stages of programs and projects of the Ministry as well as providing an objective basis for assessing the effectiveness of its programs and projects.