The health policy objectives within the Sector Medium Term Development Plan (HSMTDP) 2014-2017 are to:
- Bridge equity gaps in access to health care and nutrition services
- Ensure sustainable financing arrangements that protect the poor.
- Strengthen governance and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the health system.
- Improve quality of health services delivery including mental health services.
- Enhance national capacity for the attainment of the health related MDGs and the gains
- Intensify prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases.