The Directorate is responsible for providing a framework for the planning, development and management of human resources for the health sector. Coordinates the activities of the health training institutions and sector-wide training including fellowships.
- To put in place an effective Human Resource Policy and Management Framework consistent with the overall manpower needs of the sector.
- To develop a mechanism for staff to be recruited, trained and retained, motivated and developed on a continuing basis for the efficient discharge of their duties.
- Human Resource Planning
- Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Management
- Establishes and maintains systems and procedures for planning training and manpower development for the sector
- Provides framework for the periodic review of Schemes of Service, job descriptions and job classifications of staff in the Sector.
- Assists in the determination of appropriate sectoral Human Resource levels consistent with the overall operational requirements of the sector.
- Keeps and updates records on fellowship related training of staff in the Sector.
- Periodically reviews rules, regulations and procedures relating to training.
- Advises on the preparation and application of training criteria, methodologies and techniques.